Saturday, April 5, 2014

Kendal Joy


Kendall Joy (28) 
  
I grew up in beautiful Southern Oregon, and have always appreciated coming from a small town. Although my roots have been planted here, I thrive on branching out to discover new territories all around the world. I consider travel my biggest passion and often jokingly say, “I would eat noodles every day to help save money, if that meant I could still see the world.” Travel is what propels and motivates me, but family is what keeps me where I am. They say, home is where the heart is, and that is the truth.

Last year I went through treatment for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and for the first time in my life I was truly scared about the unknown. When you hear the world cancer, whatever the kind, it takes your breath away. Forcing you to think about things you shouldn't at a young age. Will I marry, have children, be a grandmother? I am one of the lucky ones. My prognosis from the beginning was good, and I finished my treatment last August with great fortitude. My lesson from this journey is simple. Make. This. Life. Count. 

I have a feeling 2014 will be my year...














































































No comments:

Post a Comment